How can you create a professional and engaging Linkedin account? You have so many options that you want to use, so get ready to buckle up! Here are our top 11 tips to help you improve your Linkedin profile.
LinkedIn is a powerful social network with over 800 million users and 52 million registered businesses around the globe.
The best network will help you find a job, strengthen your existing connections or make new connections. LinkedIn can help you expand your career possibilities, but only if it is done correctly.
This article will help you improve your LinkedIn profile so that you get the most out of it. You can easily have many connections and prospects if you are able to create a great LinkedIn profile.
11 ways to enhance your Linkedin profile
Below is a list of top practices for improving your Linkedin profile. These are the easiest steps so you won’t have to spend too much time on them all. You can start any one of these steps.
LinkedIn URL customization
Your LinkedIn URL is the first thing you should improve.
However, most people don’t even know it exists!
This is the most important thing you can do to make your LinkedIn profile stand out from the rest. Don’t skip this step.
Here are some reasons why LinkedIn URLs matter:
It looks professional when you give your client your personal URL. A personalized URL allows others to easily find your profile. Similar to the above, people will click more often if their LinkedIn URL is a reflection of your credentials.
Your default LinkedIn URL, on the other hand is a link that contains your name and random numbers and alphabets. This is how it looks:
It’s difficult to remember and it doesn’t look very good.
Changing your LinkedIn URL is simple. Click on View Profile and then click on Edit public profile & URL to enter your custom URL. Also, feel free to check out our guide about Linkedin profile URL.
LinkedIn cover or banner image added
The LinkedIn cover image, or banner on LinkedIn, is the large image at the top of your profile. It is also the first thing people see, so you can use it as a way to attract and lure them. This is the best way to increase your Linkedin profile.
LinkedIn support recommends a banner image size of 800×200 pixels. You can adjust and crop the banner to your liking via the LinkedIn editor.
We recommend the custom cover banner if you want to be different from others. Make sure graphics are clear and text is easily readable.
Even the smallest things can make all the difference. Any graphics designer can help you create a professional looking LinkedIn banner.
These are the ingredients of a perfect profile banner:
- Unique Selling Propositions for Others
- What sets you and your services apart from others?
- Why should others get in touch with you?
- Your photo.
- Statistics, results, and data about your services.
Bright colors and appealing graphics will make your banner stand out. Your banner should give prospects a reason to contact you or to purchase your services. There are many online tools and sites like Canva that you can use and design a perfect banner for your profile.
You can also use your partner agencies to provide social proof.
Update LinkedIn profile photo
LinkedIn shows that profile photos with headshots get more attention than profiles without one. Your photo should be clear and professional. Don’t include any irrelevant items.
LinkedIn buyers prefer to network with trusted people. All this begins with your profile photo. Take your time to upload a smiling picture.
Here are some things you can do:
- High-quality, smiling headshot of you showing warmth and friendliness.
- To gain trust in others, upload a photo of you in a work environment.
- To make your image stand out and to establish your brand identity, create a custom background or digital illustration.
Your brand’s specific characteristics will determine which option you choose. It is important to make sure that visitors get the best first impression possible with your image.
Other important things to consider are:
- LinkedIn recommends a profile photo size of 400×400 pixels.
- To make your profile more appealing and stand out from others, you can add a custom-colored outline to it.
- Consider using any tool to analyze your LinkedIn profile. These tools can be used to edit, lighten and enhance your LinkedIn profile picture.
Add LinkedIn profile tagline
Your headline, just like the banner, gives prospects a reason to visit your profile. Your tagline allows prospects to learn more about you and your offerings.
This will also help you to improve your overall networking skills on LinkedIn.
Most people just mention their current job, which is wrong. You should instead offer a solution that is viable to others through the headline.
This simple formula will help you create a headline on your LinkedIn profile.
- ‘Title’ plus USP.
- ‘Title’ plus (USP).
- You get a ‘Title” and other benefits when you work with us.
Don’t forget to include keywords relevant to your tagline. If space is available, include your company name or CTA.
These are just a few:
Get ready To Grow What is it? Click here XYZ.com 300M+ Views Only on LinkedIn
Your tagline and headlines are what make potential buyers click on your profile when they see your connection request. Your optimized tagline and unique headline encourages potential buyers to do business with them. These steps will help you get more engagement from Linkedin than those who don’t.
View these examples to craft a flawless tagline for your profile.
Create a LinkedIn summary
Your LinkedIn headline should reflect what you do. Your LinkedIn summary will show others who you really are and your achievements.
This section should be about who you are and why you want people to work with you.
The following are some important things you should include in your summary section:
- Hook or punch line that grabs the attention of readers and encourages them further reading.
- You are who you are.
- What are your unique offerings?
- Your work results and accomplishments.
- Values personal.
- What is your ICP number?
- How your services can benefit people and why they should work with you.
Are you confused?
A summary is easy to write. To create a compelling summary, we recommend that you look at relevant LinkedIn profiles to help you.
Your accomplishments will be the main focus of your profile and section. If possible, mention your involvement in leading projects and highlighting the accomplishments with statistics.
Besides, various online apps and Closely websites can help you write a perfect LinkedIn summary. These tools can be used to your advantage.
Finally, keep it simple and to the point.
Outline your work experience
You should mention your industry experience and your achievements in order to present yourself as an expert.
You might list your achievements, rather than your mundane job responsibilities, if, for example, you are a growth marketer expert.
Take a look at these images:
- Boost Company X’s sales from 0 to 50k in a few months with no paid marketing
- Website X’s monthly organic traffic has increased from 0 to 20k by using the best SEO and content marketing strategies.
- Successful outreach campaigns, with an average open rate up to 50%
- The business’s first app was launched with an effective retargeting strategy. It saw a $100K increase in sales in just 3 days.
These are all great ways to list your work experience. Other things to keep in mind are:
- Use clear and concise language with all relevant statistics and details.
- Keep one sentence per subject.
- Avoid including unnecessary data or irrelevant information.
- Only mention reliable accomplishments and achievements.
Most potential buyers will ask questions about your work history and what you have done to help their business.
Results, stats and graphs are all important to mention in your work experience.
Mention your education
While the education section is essential, it may not be necessary in all cases. It all depends on the industry. It all depends on your industry.
These are some details you should include:
- Name of the college/university.
- Include your degree name or education program.
- Participation and achievements relevant.
It is crucial to have transferable experience.
It is best to include information that shows your transferable skills, even if you are not in the same industry as your current job.
Your work industry and level of skill are also important factors in determining your certification.
Certifications are a great way for beginners to demonstrate their skill and authority.
If you are a professional in the industry and can deal with prospects well, you can skip this step.
Keep things simple and sweet by including the following details:
- Any information regarding licenses or certifications that enhance your authority.
- Mention the name of the issuing organization.
- Provide details about your work history and other information that will show you are a skilled professional.
Skills & endorsements
Your LinkedIn profile should also include the endorsements and recommendations. These are a great way to showcase your social media presence and enhance your Linkedin profile.
As per LinkedIn, people who have five skills receive 17x profile views!
People will trust profiles with 99+ endorsements of skills more than others. They’ll also be more likely to believe they are industry experts.
Here are some tips to increase the authenticity of endorsements for your profile
- To show others your skills, take and pass LinkedIn’s skill assessment. You will receive a LinkedIn skill badge if you score among the top 30 percent. This makes your profile more trustworthy.
- Encourage your colleagues to do the same and you will get the same back.
- To grow your network and reach more people for trade endorsements, you should regularly write engaging content.
- You can also ask your friends and colleagues to endorse your profile. Ask your friends, colleagues, and clients for endorsements.
Ask for recommendations
Testimonials are a great way to build authority and get noticed. You wouldn’t go to a restaurant if you didn’t read reviews. So why would you want prospects to hire you if you have a few reviews on your profile?
It’s easy to get reviews. Ask your supervisors or friends for recommendations and reviews.
As compared to the endorsements, buyers consider and adding interests to your LinkedIn profile, try to be as relevant as possible. Your interest should reflect your views and how you would like to be seen by your audience.
The interest section can also be a great conversation starter. It can be a great way to boost your LinkedIn outreach campaigns if used correctly.
Simply put, make sure your profile includes all relevant information about yourself and your services. All sections mentioned above should be filled in a way that is relevant to your leads.
Do not overlook your past work results and unique selling proposition. Also, consider how your services can be of benefit to others.
It is all about finding the perfect combination.
It’s all about creating a mixture of data and personality. Your profile will be unique. There’s no need to spend hours on LinkedIn creating a profile. Be smart and creative.
You will be amazed at the benefits of a well-designed profile. It will make a big difference in your business.